Interactive Communications

Friday, March 24, 2006

Future of Gaming

Every time I log onto the internet I am greeted by a pop-up trying to sell me something. The majority of the time I just close them out. Thanks, but no thanks, I’m not interested. But once in a while I come across a pop-up that peaks my interest and I’ll actually read it – or play it.
Today I was logging onto the internet and a pop-up come on my screen and it had a mini-golf game. Of course I played a little bit and thought what a clever way to get people to actually look at your pop up instead of instantly closing it out.
As the first generation of Americans that grew up with video games are now reaching their late 20’s and early 30’s and gradually accumulate more disposable income, I think we’ll see more companies finding creative ways to reach this prime demographic. And one way to do this is to use video games.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing insurance companies, investment firms, and auto makers incorporating video games into part of the marketing campaigns for younger Americans. It only makes sense that these companies find a common ground to meet their consumers at. Whether it’s a basic pop-up or a more advanced game kiosk at your local auto dealer or a direct mailing of a game for your home computer, I can see companies turning to games to help reach this age group.
Who knows for sure what the future for gaming
holds, but one thing is for sure, the first company to figure out how to effectively incorporate gaming into their marketing plan will have a direct path at the 19-34 key demographic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home